Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Flooring in the heat

Today we started on flooring. At first we got a start with our work books about levelling and set out until 10:00. When we got back we then started talking about building codes and then went on to flooring. I found that part of the day hell interesting because I can see that thinks are all coming together. When we were talking about the building codes and weight distrubtion you can see why things are done in certain ways. When we got on to the flooring we talked about the different ways in which we could construct a deck. I like that section because it seems so easy to do if you plan it right and it should all clme together. After lunch we were doing excersises to learn how to order the right amount of timber and martials for the job that you would be doing. I like that part because there is a bit of maths involed not too hard and you can see how big a job will be after you calculate how much martial you need. The rest of the day was a bit of a lose for me because it was so bloody hot. The temperture must of been 39c it was that hot. I feel stuffed.

No comments: